Jurors are randomly selected from a master list identifying all citizens eligible for jury service within Forsyth County. The list is compiled from driver's license and voter registration information.
Qualifications: Any citizen of Georgia is qualified to serve on a Jury if he or she:
- Is a citizen of the United States of America;
- Is 18 years of age or older;
- Is a current resident of Forsyth County;
- Is not a convicted felon, who has not had voting right restored.
Exemption and Eligibility:
The laws of Georgia allow exemptions from jury service for the following reasons.
- Persons 70 years of age or older that do not wish to serve. Over 70 Affidavit
- Not a resident of Forsyth County to serve on a jury. Affidavit & Confirming Information Required
- Persons that are permanently disabled, either mentally or physically. Medical Affidavit (physician's letter required)
- The person is a full-time student at a college, university, vocational school, or other postsecondary school. Full-Time Student Affidavit
- Any service member on ordered military duty and the spouse of any such service member shall be excused or deferred from jury duty. Affidavit
- Jurors are to report to Jury Assembly Room, first floor of the Forsyth County Courthouse, 101 East Courthouse Square, Cumming GA 30040.
- Parking is available at the Mason Street Deck, 207 Main Street & Castleberry Deck, 101 Castleberry Road, Cumming GA 30040. See also the public parking map.
- Jurors are to appear by 8:00 a.m. on the date to report.
- Casual business attire is recommended. Shorts, tank tops, bare midriffs, shirts with controversial depictions or wording, or similar dress are not allowed in the courtrooms. The temperature in the courtroom is usually cold, please dress accordingly. Shoes must be worn at all times; flip –flops are not allowed.
- Once jurors are empaneled and report to a courtroom, it is up to the Judge to what time court will end each day. Court can go past 5:00 PM.
Jurors are paid on a daily basis. The Clerk's office will issue a debit card to each juror on the first day of jury service. Each day a juror serves, the Clerk's office will load $25.00 to each juror's card. Questions concerning the juror cards, call 1-877-287-2448.
Jurors who are hearing and/or visually impaired are not prohibited from serving on a jury. For ease of accommodation, please notify our office prior to your service if you need assistance.